Happy Easter and Passover to those of you celebrating one of these holidays. To those who aren’t, I hope you’re enjoying your weekend. The snow here in Massachusetts is finally melting, the Red Sox season opener is coming up, and I’ve been busy with our 3 year old (can you believe she is 3 already?!) and our two month old.
Here are some thoughts and updates for the weekend. You’re welcome to share your own thoughts and updates in the comment section.
- There was some news about the launch of Primary.com last week. I wrote about Primary.com several months ago, and if you look at the clothes you’ll see why the branding makes sense. I placed my first order when the website went live, and I received it on Friday. They have great clothes for kids.
- Tax time is coming. This time of year is a great time to try and buy domain names. Some people have taxes to pay and others need to contribute to IRAs, SEPs, 401k plans…etc. I have found some good deals to be had this time of year (in addition to the beginning and end of the year).
- It looks like BL.com was sold to a buyer in China. I wrote about the domain name transferring to Sedo’s escrow account last week, and it looks like the Whois updated to a Chinese buyer.
- For some reason, people continue to email me about marijuana related domain names. It sort of seems like the 3D trend from a few years ago. I don’t think I own any, and I don’t have plans to buy any. I am not opposed to weed but I don’t have an interest in marijuana domain names right now.
- I signed up for a DomainIQ pro account last week after Shane Cultra recommended it. DomainIQ has quite a bit of good information that can give me industry insight I can use for my business and my blog.
- The domain name I am most excited about acquiring recently is JamaicaPlain.com. Jamaica Plain, aka “JP”, is a cool neighborhood in Boston with lots of apartments and quite a few great restaurants. I am not sure if I am going to build it out yet, but I am more likely to re-sell it.
- GoDaddy stock took off last week as many IPOs do. I did not buy any stock, primarily because my investment portfolio already has significant exposure to domain names.
- If you like to eat sushi, check out this Medium.com article when you have a chance.
I had a bad domain nightmare last nite.
It is not DShame giving sh++it about my domains but what I can’t digest is my name was mentioned in Aaron’s flop blog.
Yea, Luckily he could not find any of my domains I bought and sold below what was paid for because all of them are hand reg at 99cent and sold for 1000% at $10…he he..
I bet that the worst domain nightmare for all us domainers.
Hey BS, I’m honored that you’re dreaming about me. 🙂
How come you never write me anymore?
@AAron— you are one crazy dude, you train harder than most people I know and I sure don’t want to be on the wrong side of your Butt.
I understand the simplicity of the idea behind Primary but from a marketing standpoint how many plain colored clothes do they expect one family to buy for their kids.
I may buy a blue shirt for my son and maybe a black one but at some point we all want to add a little style to them and there isn’t much style behind plain colored clothing with no graphics, logos, stripes or anything for that matter.
Very curious to see where this company is in a year or two. I bet at some point they will have to introduce clothes that aren’t so plain. You have to give the consumer choices to get them to return to your site to buy more and plain colors isn’t much of a choice in my opinion.