Happy Easter and Passover to those of you celebrating one of these holidays. To those who aren’t, I hope you’re enjoying your weekend. The snow here in Massachusetts is finally melting, the Red Sox season opener is coming up, and I’ve been busy with our 3 year old (can you believe she is 3 already?!) and our two month old.
Here are some thoughts and updates for the weekend. You’re welcome to share your own thoughts and updates in the comment section.
- There was some news about the launch of Primary.com last week. I wrote about Primary.com several months ago, and if you look at the clothes you’ll see why the branding makes sense. I placed my first order when the website went live, and I received it on Friday. They have great clothes for kids.
- Tax time is coming. This time of year is a great time to try and buy domain names. Some people have taxes to pay and others need to contribute to IRAs, SEPs, 401k plans…etc. I have found some good deals to be had this time of year (in addition to the beginning and end of the year).
- It looks like BL.com was sold to a buyer in China. I wrote about the domain name transferring to Sedo’s escrow account last week, and it looks like the Whois updated to a Chinese buyer.
- For some reason, people continue to email me about marijuana related domain names. It sort of seems like the 3D trend from a few years ago. I don’t think I own any, and I don’t have plans to buy any. I am not opposed to weed but I don’t have an interest in marijuana domain names right now.
- I signed up for a DomainIQ pro account last week after Shane Cultra recommended it. DomainIQ has quite a bit of good information that can give me industry insight I can use for my business and my blog.
- The domain name I am most excited about acquiring recently is JamaicaPlain.com. Jamaica Plain, aka “JP”, is a cool neighborhood in Boston with lots of apartments and quite a few great restaurants. I am not sure if I am going to build it out yet, but I am more likely to re-sell it.
- GoDaddy stock took off last week as many IPOs do. I did not buy any stock, primarily because my investment portfolio already has significant exposure to domain names.
- If you like to eat sushi, check out this Medium.com article when you have a chance.