Now that we have a baby and an almost three year old, there aren’t really anymore lazy Sundays for me anymore. I can’t say that I miss those days all that much, but I wouldn’t mind sleeping in once in a while 🙂
Here are some thoughts, updates, and news for the weekend. As always, you are welcome to share your own thoughts and/or news if you’d like to share.
- Congratulations to Kevin Murphy of DomainIncite.com on the 5 year anniversary of his website. I visit DomainIncite.com daily, and I wish Kevin continued success.
- The early bird $199 NamesCon rate expires today. Over 100 people have already registered to attend NamesCon in January of 2016. If you know you can attend, it makes sense to register today and save money.
- Here’s an interesting “status report” of the .NYC domain name extension. It’s a long read, but there’s quite a bit of information shared.
- Regardless of how much I offer someone for a domain name in the aftermarket, it always seems like they just received an offer thousands of dollars higher than mine. It’s a negotiating tactic I’ve learned to ignore.
- Pablo Palatnik, CEO of ShadesDaddy.com, wrote an article on Forbes about how to recover from a domain name hijacking. Domain Gang covered the theft and subsequent return of the domain name.
- Igloo.com scored another excellent exclusive listing. Last week, the company announced it had an exclusive on Single.com.
- It’s a bit strange that I could spend a week or two researching a large purchase, and I could spend just 5 minutes deciding whether or not to spend five figures on a domain name.
- Archive.org got a pretty nice update, which is currently in beta. I use Archive.org for a variety of domain name related activities, as well as a source of information for articles here.