At the end of last year, one of the goals I set for 2015 was to hand register more domain names. Unfortunately, I’ve slacked a bit in that area. I am still actively buying domain names in private and via auction, but I haven’t registered as many domain names as I had hoped. Obviously there is still time for that.
I thought I would share a selection of ten hand registered domain names. To me, these are akin to lottery tickets, and they should not be used as guidance for your registrations. I have no idea if anyone will want to pay a premium for these domain names, but I figured they were worth a shot.
As you can see, the only non-.com domain name on this list is Elliot.Link. I shared my rationale for registering .Link domain names in a previous blog post. Additionally, I am not really keen on registering “trend” domain names, although some people might argue that cryptography / cryptocurrency is trendy. I do think that these names have meaning now and will continue to have meaning going forward.
You’ll notice all of my recent hand registered names are at Uniregistry. The company has been very supportive of this website, and I want to give my business to people who support me. I also like the fact that privacy is free and registration costs are competitive.
10 Recent hand registered domain names:
- NewbornPhotoShoots.com – Top of mind
- NHMountains.com – I also own Sunapee.com and LakeWinnipesaukee.com
- KeelLaying.com – Read about it and thought it was a neat term
- Hamotzi.com – Jewish blessing
- EMEAConsultant.com – Many global companies have EMEA divisions
- EMEAAdvisor.com – EMEA stands for Europe, Middle East, and Asia.
- Elliot.link – See article about .Link
- MalwareMitigation.com – Lots of companies selling tools for this
- VanityHardware.com – Cabinet and drawer pulls and hardware
- CryptographyConsultant.com – Complicated topic that needs expert consultants
If you would like, you are welcome to share some of your recent hand registrations in the comment section.