Here are a few quick hits for another lazy Sunday afternoon.
- The Snapnames Geo & Local Search Showcase has just over two days remaining, and just seven auctions have bids: SanFrancisco.net, NewBoston.com, VacationExpert.com, CommittedRelationships.com, GuitarRentals.com, Scarborough.org, and SeattlePictures.com. As you can see, there are more than just geodomain names on sale, many of which have no reserve.
- When are people going to realize how much of a waste of money it is to register stupid names about current events – especially those involving athletes, celebrities, and other famous people. Sure, your Tiger Woods domain names may be humorous (doubtful), but nobody is going to pay you squat for them. At best, you will draw the attention (ahem, criticism) of the mainstream media. Do you really want to answer a reporter’s question in front of your family, friends, neighbors, and countless others about why you think your lame Tiger Woods domain names are worth anything?
- I don’t really mind the Sedo redesign…. I actually don’t use Sedo all that much anyway. I do feel badly for someone who had a five figure auction running that ended the day of the redesign. I guess there isn’t much that can be done to avoid this, but it’s a bummer.
- Tax time is coming! The Domainer Tax Guide is a good resource for people who need some tax advice related to domain investments. Yes, that’s my affiliate code, and yes I also bought a guide and sent it to my accountant since he hadn’t worked with a company like mine before.
- Larry Fisher is one of the more successful domain investors I know, and he’s been writing a series about a 7 figure domain auction in which he is involved. Larry plans to blog much more often on DirectNavigation.com this year, so it’s a good idea to add him to your list of daily reads.