It’s been a great season to be a Red Sox fan. When we were first considering a move from New York City to Boston, we had talked about being able to go to Fenway Park whenever we want. We’ve had the chance to go to a bunch of Sox games this season (tonight included), and we already have our playoff tickets.
Here are some tips, updates, and other notes. Hope you have a great weekend.
- Phil Corwin of the Internet Commerce Association (ICA) published a blog post today that everyone with domain investments should read. It discusses “a SOPA-like proposal grounded in trademark rather than copyright,” and it could have an impact on domain investors.
- I received a press release from a PR firm working with Sedo, and the company announced that it had completed a huge private deal. From the release, “In addition to the sales publicly announced in DN Journal, Sedo also closed on the second highest transaction in company history in recent weeks, with a private domain transfer in the mid seven-figure range. This transaction follows an industry record that Sedo set in 2010 with the sale of Sex.com for $13 Million.“
- I had some great feedback yesterday regarding cool giveaways from people in the domain investment space. There should be at least one giveaway coming next week, and I think you’ll like it.
- I heard about the massive storm heading towards Hong Kong. I know of a few domain investors and their families who live in Hong Kong, and I wish them well. I am also hoping for the best for those who are in parts of Colorado that have been inundated with massive flood waters.
- Speaking of Colorado, the Rocky Mountain Domain Conference (RMDC) announced the location of its event. The meetup will be held at Katie Mullen’s Irish Restaurant and Pub on October 17th in Denver.