Hope you’re having a Happy Easter, Nice Passover, or a great weekend (or all of the above). It’s just a week away before our big 40+ mile bike ride on Team Ronald, so we went on a 25 mile ride today. Not that you really care, but it’s my blog 🙂
Here are some Sunday thoughts:
- One of the best (but rarely stated) reasons to add relevant articles to a website is because of the links they may receive from other websites. It’s exciting to see a big spike in traffic to one of my sites that can be traced back to a link from a much larger website, citing an article I wrote. Good, cheap traffic and interest, especially if you’re selling a product or service.
- I love Freshdrop. I made another nice sale from a name I wouldn’t have found had I not used Freshdrop. There were only a couple of other bidders and I made a very good purchase. The only bad part was that it was locked at Enom for a month and a half, so it wasn’t a quick flip.
- Speaking of Freshdrop, I saw that FatAndUgly.com is dropping and you’ll need to back order it on NameJet tonight if you want it.
- I find it quite ironic when some people say .CO and other new extensions take advantage of new domain investors since they don’t know any better. I am very sure these people would more than happily to sell these new domain investors some of their own .com domain names if approached, yet they are concerned that new registries may be taking advantage of them. Give me a break. This is a business, not summer camp, and nobody is forcing anyone to make investments.
- Similarly, I find it quite annoying (albeit humorous) when people seem to become cheerleaders of one extension or another. If a domain extension is going to find success, it will be based on its own merits rather than hype.
- If you aren’t on Peter Shankman’s Help A Reporter Out (HARO) email list, you should get on it. The list connects reporters with questions to people like you and me who have answers. It can be beneficial to you if you have an expert website, where you are quoted in an article with a back link.
- In case you are interested, it looks like Francois Carrillo is looking to sell PremiumDomains.com. According to a post on his Facebook page, he said, “it’s time for me to focus on my new projects, so I am selling one of my best name to generate cash flow: PremiumDomains.com – As you may imagine it’s not a cheap name, so only very motivated offer will be considered, just send me a PM.”
Anyway, that’s it for me today. Time to get in a hot tub and relax my legs. Hope you have a good one.