I think my favorite day of the year is Super Bowl Sunday, especially when my New England Patriots are playing. I don’t ever miss a Pats game, even when I’m on vacation. Anyways, here’s a brief Super Bowl Sunday update.
– I don’t know about you, but it’s been strange seeing some Super Bowl commercials released prior to the game. When my team isn’t playing, I enjoy watching the game but particularly enjoy seeing the special commercials companies make for the big game. It’s a bit disappointing to see them ahead of time.
– Keeping with the Super Bowl theme for a moment, I learned that Doritos held another contest to allow people to submit videos for one of the company’s Super Bowl commercials. One of the five finalists is called “Doritos crash the dog park,” and they are using DoritosDogPark.com for the commercial url. If this one is the winner, it will be interesting to see if DogPark.com gets any traffic. I wrote an article about the Doritos Dog Park commercial on the DogPark.com blog.
– The .ME auction is underway at Sedo, and it ends on February 9. I probably won’t be bidding, but I will be following along just in case I see any good values there.
– Nice to see that premium domain listings will be on Go Daddy during the Super Bowl. As I recall last year, they took down premium listings, which was a bummer for domain investors, since that’s likely the highest traffic day of the year. Feel free to report any GD premium sales tomorrow. Would be neat to see if there’s a lift.
– I like Guy’s comment on Shane’s post yesterday – “talk about the nursery more too.” Running a business is in Shane’s blood, and I think we can all learn a lot from his experience managing employees, inventory, and a brick and mortar business. Shane “gets” the domain business, and I wish him all the best as he focuses on his domain business.
– One final note. I am not sure if I mentioned it yet, but I am a big Patriots fan, despite having lived in New York City for the last 10 years. Let’s go PATS!