It’s Super Bowl Sunday, and I am excited for the big game. The wing sauce has been made, the chili is on the stovetop, and the champagne is ready to celebrate the Patriots’ victory (or drowning sorrows). I think it will be a close game, but I am confident the Patriots will pull it off. It looks like people who read this blog are pretty split on who will win.
Before the big game tonight, I want to share some thoughts and updates with you.
- I would love to share special offers and discounts for readers of DomainInvesting.com. I invite domain name service providers to share their excellent deals for domain transfers, renewals, registrations and other domain name services.
- I bet GoDaddy will have a cute Super Bowl commercial tonight featuring Buddy the Golden Retriever. After the backlash from the Superbowl commercial that they won’t air, I don’t think they can air a risky commercial.
- Speaking of GoDaddy, one idea that would be neat for a future commercial would be if they featured a veteran who built his business using GoDaddy’s services. GoDaddy founder Bob Parsons and his wife Renee are big supporters of the Semper Fi Fund, and I am sure GoDaddy could create a heartwarming television commercial featuring a veteran who started his business with the help of GoDaddy.
- Jamie Zoch wrote a good blog post about the reasons to use privacy on domain registrations. I like having privacy because it allows me to buy and sell domain names more covertly, and I don’t pay anything for it at Uniregistry.
- I just learned that Arlo Gilbert’s wife is a talented jewelry designer. If you’re looking for a gift for a special lady (or yourself), check out her website, ByShona.com.
- Watch out for domain registrar phishing emails!
- Go Pats!