We’re in the middle of a nice weekend, and hope you’re enjoying your weekend as well. We bought a bbq grill a few weeks ago, and it seems like we’ve been grilling most weekends. It’s one of the perks of living in the suburbs.
Here are some news bits, updates, and a domain tip or two:
- The Hilco Streambank auction for names like Bargain.com, ETM.com, and Tweeter.com begins on Monday. If you want to bid, you’ll have to sign up ahead of time since a $10k deposit is required from bidders.
- There was a bid of a tense discussion on my blog post yesterday about numeric domain names. Discussion diverted from the topic of numeric names onto the topic of domain flipping, but it was interesting nonetheless. I don’t care what anyone else says, but if you can buy a name for $5-20k and re-sell it a month later for $50-200k, it’s a pretty good business model if it can scale to any extent.
- Are you going to the TRAFFIC conference in Vegas and want to get together? Drop me a note if you want to meet up. I’ll be out there from Monday – Sunday.
- More on this topic later this week I think, but if you want to quickly check to see at what price a domain name previous sold, NameBio probably has the info if the price was ever publicized by the sales venue.
- One of the newer blogs I’ve been reading and like is DomainPicks.com. Mark shares some interesting anecdotes in his dropping domain picks articles, and if you haven’t checked out his site before, I recommend it.
- I’ll be watching the Arsenal game with my brother this morning. He’s a big fan of the Gunners, and I’ve had fun following the team this season.It’s the first time I’ve actually been excited about a EPL game. If you want some domain consulting services, fly us out to an Arsenal game in London next season, and you’ll have an entire weekend to pick my brain! On that note, it’s time to crack open a Guinness.