Today marks 9 years since I started blogging about domain names. Crazy to think I’ve been doing this for so long. I am very thankful for the readers who visit regularly and of course for the advertisers who continue to support my writing efforts.
It’s also Father’s Day today, and I hope that those of you with kids are celebrating. I’m writing this before Father’s Day so I can spend the day with my kids (and my parents, too!).
Here are some domain industry thoughts and updates:
- I am curious if anyone can correctly post the original url for my blog. I will tell you right now that ElliotsBlog.com was not the first url I used, and obviously it is not DomainInvesting.com either.
- I launched Embrace.com earlier this week. Still have a bit of work to do, but I think it looks pretty solid (thanks, Tia).
- I listed several domain names for sale on NameJet this week, which will be auctioned in a few weeks: Mania.com, BargainHunter.com, BoatRental.com, Sint.com, and quite a few others.
- Efty had some big news earlier this week. Michael Cyger, who is an investor in Efty, shared a video blog post about the company’s new offering.
- Kevin Murphy shared a neat looking new gTLD website via Twitter the other day: Mosquito.Buzz. It’s a pest control service. I think the .Buzz domain name works well for the company. They also own MosquitoBuzz.com and forward that domain name to their .Buzz domain name.
- I don’t recall seeing a follow up, but it looks like Lionel Messi was able to secure both Messi.com and LionelMessi.com. He had filed a UDRP for both names and both UDRPs are showing “Terminated” as the status. It looks like he is using Messi.com for his main fan website right now.
- If you want to see what domain names are moving that might go under the radar, follow Jamie Zoch on Twitter. There are a ton of interesting sales every day, and Jamie tweets about some of them. There isn’t always enough info to write a full article, so Jamie’s Twitter feed may be the only place to learn about unreported domain name sales.