If you visited DNForum today, you probably noticed that the website is currently down. This downtime is expected, as DNForum owner Adam Dicker announced that the popular domain forum would be undergoing a major upgrade. It does not appear that the look and feel of the website will change, but there are a number of modification that are being made.
According to Dicker, here is what will be changed when you return to DNForum upon completion of the upgrades and updates:
1) The sidebar will show latest threads.
2) Ability to save keywords you like Receive an instant email notification when a new post matches your chosen keywords.
3) Professional FAQ will be added.
4) Ability to schedule posts, yup, you can schedule when a post gets posted!
5) The ability to login with Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.
6) A crazy new like system with a dislike option and many other features.
7) It will show all users who read a thread
8) The ability to have alerts pushed to your mobile device.
9) Easy mobile look and feel.
10) While a URL is being auto linked, the page title is fetched and added to the post.
Personally, I don’t like the idea of #7. I don’t want someone to try and pitch me their domain name via email or private message simply because they saw that I clicked onto their thread. This will make me less likely to click sales threads because I receive enough emails about buying domain names as is. I am looking forward to seeing all of the implemented changes and hope the update goes smoothly.
As with most major website updates and changes, it could take a bit of time to finalize the work. If you notice any bugs when DNF comes back online, you should report them.