I was unable to attend World Domain Day, held in Hyderabad, India over the weekend, but from what I have been hearing, the event should be considered a success. Prior to the event taking place, I was informed that organizers had sold over 300 tickets, and more people were expected to attend. There were many sponsors and quite a few speakers with a variety of domain industry expertise.
This morning, I saw that World Domain Day received quite a bit of local press coverage, which is outstanding. Mike Mann shared one of the articles that mentioned him (despite a typo on his name), and I found a few other articles online. I want to share all of the press coverage I could find, although I suspect there may be additional articles I did not find this morning:
- The Hindu – Now .com’s monopoly under challenge
- The Hindu – Indian languages will get their ‘domain’
- The Hindu – World Domain Day conference on August 24
- Deccan Chronicle – Net domain in Indian languages
- InformationWeek India – Now, Internet domain names in Indian languages
- Tech2 – Net domains in Indian languages coming soon
There may be additional articles that I missed, and there may also be forthcoming articles that will be published after this article goes live.
Having this much press coming from a domain industry conference is certainly positive, and it is a tribute to the work of the conference planners, speakers, and attendees. It also bodes well for attendance at future events.
Next up on the conference calendar is the DOMAINX conference, which is coming up on Sunday, September 7th at the Marriott Hotel in Hyderabad.