I thought it would be interesting to see who owns the .com domain names of presidential candidates, so I did some research and the information is below. In addition, I thought it would also be interesting to use DomainTools to see who owned those domain names five years prior.
The real “fun” comes in when the nominees are chosen and years of speculation by, ahem, domain “investors” may or may not pay off. There have been thousands of “lottery ticket” domain names purchased for that rush. Someone apparently thinks there’s a chance for a Huntsman/Palin ticket and bought HuntsmanPalin.com. Good luck on that one.
– Now: Domains by Proxy (Used by Romney campaign)
– 2006: Romney Committee
– Now: Domains by Proxy (Used by Cain campaign)
– 2006: Company called ” T.H.E.” from Nebraska
– Now: Whois Privacy Services Pty Ltd (Ron Paul “Fan Site”)
– 2006: Pop Art LLC
– Now: POBox.org
– 2006: Gingrich Communications
– Now: Whois Privacy Services Pty Ltd
– 2006: CampaignWeb
– Now: Michele Bachmann
– 2006: Business Architecture, Inc.
– Now: Obama for America
– 2006: Obama 2010, Inc.
– Now: Friends of Hillary
– 2006: Friends of Hillary