I’ve written about descriptive keyword domain names that are owned by large companies, and there are others who have tracked these domain names as well. I thought it would be interesting to research what companies own some of the more important and relevant domain name related keywords, and the results of my research are listed below.
If I missed any that you think are top keyword domain names, feel free to share what you found in the comment section. There are plenty of other variations that I missed. There are also a number of similar keyword names listed for sale in various places if you’re interested.
- DomainName.com – DomainName, Inc.
- DomainNames.com – Network Solutions
- Domaining.com – Francois Carrillo
- DomainAuctions.com – Eurodns
- DomainAuction.com – Barry Brooks
- DomainSales.com – Robert Plasko
- DomainLawyer.com – Act 5 Inc
- DomainLawyers.com – Ari Goldberger
- DomainAttorney.com – Alton Flanders
- DomainAttorneys.com – Internet Computing
- DomainInvestor.com – Alton Flanders
- DomainInvesting.com – B52 Media
- DomainNews.com – Quinv S.A.
- DomainAppraisal.com – EuroDNS
- DomainAppraisals.com – Strong Incorporated
- DomainRegistrar.com – DomainRegistry.com Inc.
- Domains.com – Private
- DomainNameSales.com – Name Administration
- Geodomains.com – cch domains
- GeodomainNames.com – Patrick Murphy
What year they got those domains and were they hand reg or bought?
As you mentioned about missing out on powerful ‘domain names,” the following are premium in the domain space:
DomainName.com was acquired by Richard Lau and his business associate.
And the numero uno `Domains.com` is Private . Typical . Perhaps they will forget about it and let it drop !
I really doubt “Domains.com” will ever be
‘dropped’ as we commonly think of the term; all the large registrars, auction houses, and escrow companies involved in the dn game will have it signed for 100 years within seconds of it being available.
really? Didnt pick up that it was a joke . LMAO
I think the following domains are also “powerful” names in domain industry.
Domain.com owner: Endurance International Group
DomainBlog.com owner: me 🙂
DomainForum.com owner: private
Domainer.com owner: private
DomainPortfolio.com owner: Francois Carrillo
It’s not generic but a domain hack.
Doma.in – Domainate.com
Domains that an end user would search for would probably do well also.
Following that thought … sometimes end users & those in the general population search for domain terms that might seem a bit odd; but nevertheless would likely yield consistent traffic to the matching domain:
web domain | WebDomain.com
web domains | WebDomains.com
website domain | WebsiteDomain.com
website domains | WebsiteDomains.com
Also, a few more generic terms/domains that might be added to the growing list:
domain purchase | DomainPurchase.com
business domain | BusinessDomain.com
Some missing are:
and DomainInvesting.com is one of them.
DomainBuyerBroker.com owned and used by me 😉
would be a few more generic premiums in the domain industry niche.
These are great “domain” names.
I have these:
What about these?