Back to work! The new year has begun, and I expect that next week is going to be busy. I will be following up on several leads that came in over the holidays, and I am looking forward to getting the year off to a running start.
Wishing you a happy new year (how long do I need to say that?)! Here’s to a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year.
Here are some updates, tips, and thoughts to begin the week:
- I don’t know about you, but I am ready for people to get back to work and down to business. I have a few deals in the offing (mostly buys), and it seems like people have been on vacation or working less for the last few weeks. I am getting antsy and ready to make some deals!
- There have been quite a few times I had loser’s remorse. This happens when I lose an auction or decline a purchase opportunity that I regret later. I don’t know what is worse, seller’s remorse or loser’s remorse. I would say probably seller’s remorse. I think buyer’s remorse is the worse of the three types of remorse because that usually means a loss was realized or will be realized.
- I have been following Braden Pollock’s adventures (through their photos on Facebook and Twitter), and it looks like he and Lisa are having a fantastic time. I have been fortunate enough to do quite a bit of traveling around the world in the last few years, but when I see their photos, it makes me realize how much of the world I have left to visit.
- Speaking of travel, I think the top 10 cities outside of the US I’ve visited in the last few years are (in no particular order): Tamarindo (Costa Rica), Paris (France), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Panama City (Panama), Tremblant (Canada), Brugge (Belgium), Dubrovnik (Croatia), San Gimignano (Italy), Pedasi (Panama), and Venice (Italy). Where are your favorite places to travel?
- Rightside is looking to hire a “Technical Evangelist.” Seems like an interesting job opening (and job title) for someone.
- I am looking forward to the Jeff Gabriel panel at NamesCon. Hopefully there will be some good questions asked, and hopefully Jeff will be able to answer them without.
- I was sad to hear of the passing of ESPN’s Stuart Scott. I grew up watching ESPN SportsCenter in the mornings before school, and I always enjoyed watching him when he was an anchor.
- One of my favorite tools to use to find unregistered domain names is NameTumbler.com. I search for various keywords and other terms from the drop down menu, and I then search availability at my favorite registrar(s). It’s an oldie, but still a goodie.