Another Sunday, another snowstorm. I’ll spare you the details, but it looks like we’re going to get another foot +. Luckily, we have a snow plowing company that clears our driveway. Unfortunately, I am the walkway and stair shoveler. Needless to say, I am sore!
Here are some updates and thoughts on the weekend.
- It looks like Bolt.com sold fairly recently. Bolt.com was previously a social network, and it is now used by Bitcoin payment startup. There are quite a few brands called Bolt (Bolt Bus, car model, VC firm…etc), and I am sure the domain name was very expensive. Thanks to Jeff for sharing!
- It looks like Tableau Software was able to purchase the Tableau.com domain name recently. Similar to Bolt, there are quite a few companies with the Tableau branding, and I am sure the domain name was expensive. Thanks to Troy for sharing!
- Judging by the amount of tweets I’ve seen in the last couple of days, it looks like the ICANN Singapore meeting is well attended. I wonder how the size compares to the turnout at NamesCon.
- .Buzz is running an auction on NameJet, and some of the names need to be backordered by tonight in order to participate. .Buzz has been sponsoring Wheel of Fortune, and Howard Lefkowitz of Vegas.com fame operates quite a few websites on .Buzz domain names.
- George Kirikos made some interesting observations about new gTLD renewals in a series of Twitter tweets. This is going to be something to follow for all new extensions as the first renewal period comes around.
- Looks like Shane timed his Twitter stock purchase pretty well last week. I’ve done well with my investment, too, although I don’t all that much stock.
- There’s an interesting article on Vice.com about Gary Millin and his World.com portfolio. I think it’s probably one of the most valuable keyword portfolios around, and it’s filled with exceptional domain names. I don’t like the “squatter” reference, since owning keyword domain names like these is not “cybersquatting.”
- Speaking of using keyword .com domain names as brands, Vice.com is a pretty good keyword .com domain name. The company likely acquired it from Anything.com back in 2010.
For those who have no idea about Tableau, it is one of the best startup companies in Seattle and those who have invested early(yours truly) are reaping the $$$$$
The stock has risen 200% the last 12mths
Speaking about Seattle SEaaahawks
Not a day goes by, some sports talk show is talking about the game and when football season comes around esp the SuperBowl, and guess what,
Seattle Sea -hawks will be mentioned all and every time .
That the good thing- free publicity to the city of Seattle, more tourism, more jobs and etc
Remember folks, it is all about Entertainment.