I’ve received quite a few emails with domain names for sale, and I appreciate those who sent good domain names for my review. I am still buying names in private and at auction, and if you have an exceptional one word .com or three letter .com domain name at a competitive price, send it my way.
It’s been a busy day, but I wanted to share some thoughts and updates with you:
- I was very happy to receive a phone call from Uniregistry Director of Business Development, Natalie Lambert. I learned that Natalie is helping to manage my account, and I appreciate that she called me to discuss how the company can help my business. I am not a big customer, but I appreciate knowing that I have someone I can call directly if I have account issues.
- If you have a substantial portfolio of domain names at a registrant friendly domain registrar, reach out to the company to see if they will assign you an account representative. Account reps/managers look out for your interests, and they’re a point of contact in case you have security concerns or other account issues. Many companies don’t have account managers or have them for large accounts, but it doesn’t hurt to ask if you don’t already have someone working with you.
- I received a notification that one of my websites was referenced on the Asbury Park Press website. Asbury Park Press is a Gannett-run newspaper based in New Jersey. I was surprised to see that the website uses the exceptional App.com domain name. I wonder how much App.com is worth, especially considering Google just paid over $25 million for .App.
- Who would have thought that an article about Kanye West would have been the biggest source of traffic to my blog last week!
- I think I made one of my most valuable hand registrations in several years grabbing HeliSkiingTours.com for under $10. It’s a niche business, but people pay a ton of money to do it, and I am betting there will be a company that wants it for a few grand. I think I have a better shot at turning $10 into $x,xxx than if I were to buy a scratch lottery ticket.
- Thank you to those of you who spend time reading and adding comments to articles I write. Even when you disagree with what I write, I appreciate being able to see the other side of things. One downside to working alone is that I don’t have a partner with a vested interest to discuss business strategy. I do discuss things with a few close friends in the business, but some decisions are made quickly without careful consideration. I appreciate being able to share with you and receiving great advice and having interesting discussion.