Prior to the live auction today at NamesCon, Escrow.com announced its annual Masters of Domains awards to the ten highest grossing individual domain investors of the past year. The award is based on brokered transactions closed via Escrow.com. Each award winner was presented a special trophy and prize honoring their achievement.
This year, the top three Masters of Domains winners were Raymond Liu of 62.com, Andrew Rosener of Media Options, and Mohammed Hashim Al-Asadi of TopNames. I would imagine each of these top three brokers cleared over $10 million in deals last year. That is quite an achievement. Last year’s award winners can be found here.
Here are the ten award winning brokers for 2018 with some information about each provided by Escrow.com:
1. Raymond Liu: Raymond Liu is the Owner and CEO of 62.com. Established in 2012, Raymond and his Chinese company has a very well-trained domain brokerage team that participates in brokering many high tier and premium domain names for both investors and end user companies. With professional domain knowledge and a customer-oriented concept, Raymond is highly reputable both domestically and abroad when brokering domain names.
2. Andrew Rosener: Andrew Rosener is the CEO of domain brokerage firm Media Options, celebrating its 10th year of business this year and 10th year with Andrew at the helm. Media Options recently acquired the industry leading domain education platform DomainSherpa, of which Escrow.com is a proud sponsor. Andrew is also the founder & CEO of Ganjapreneur.com, the leading B2B internet media platform in the cannabis industry.
3. Mohammed Hashim Al-Asadi: Muhammad Al-Asadi is the Co-Founder and CEO of TopNames, Ltd. He specializes in domain name research and brokerage services. Back in 2013, Muhammad launched TopNames.org and successfully brokered his first 6 figure deal for Download.net. 2017 was one of the most recognizable years for TopNames when they successfully closed a large deal of 10 NNN.com on behalf of the domain king, Rick Schwartz.
4. Joe Uddeme: Joe launched his career at the age of 17 when he established his first retail business in Baltimore, MD. He successfully launched two additional retail stores and successfully operated and managed them for over 15 years. As a serial entrepreneur, Joe wanted to focus on Marketing and Online Web development and monetization. Joe’s mentor and friend, John Ferber, reached out in 2008 to discuss a new wave of online business. John had recently sold Advertising.com to AOL and wanted to create a new company focused on SEO and web development. As a result, Domain Holdings was born. During his years at DH, Joe helped shape the brokerage division and grew the business. He continually outranked other brokers and began teaching the business to aspiring brokers entering the space. After selling more than 50mm in domains, Joe decided it was time to develop his own, outbound brokerage firm. In 2015, he started his current company, NameExperts.com. According to Joe, “we wanted to create a boutique agency centered around the single word, and generic .com domain.” Over the past two years, Joe has successfully brokered over 15mm in sales, continuing to develop his expertise and becoming a visionary in the aftermarket domain space. Joe takes the time to listen to his clients and offers the insight necessary to help businesses grow their brand. Joe has two awesome boys ages 10 and 7 and spends his free time coaching his son’s soccer team and spending time with his wife and two dogs, Brooks and Brownie.
5. Ali Zandinejad: Starfire Holdings had its best year in 2017, on the heels of four 7-figure deals, posting just-shy of $10m in sales. Their team consists of founder Ali Zandi, Candace Cook and Kevin Fink.
6. Özcan Marcus Kocak: Marcus Kocak is the Founder and CEO of DotWhat, Europe’s leading independent consultancy within domain strategy, acquisitions and optimisation. Over the past 20 years, Marcus has helped some of the world’s biggest companies acquire branded .com domains and he continues to enjoy one of the highest success rates in the industry. Marcus and DotWhat’s expertise helps companies around the world create domain strategies and portfolios that actively increase brand reach and reputation.
7. Jen Sale: Jen is the Co-Founder and Chief Operations Officer at Evergreen.com. She leverages over 15 years industry experience brokering the best 1 word .COM domains on behalf of startups and major brands, worldwide.
8. James Booth: James Booth, Founder and CEO of Domain Brokerage firm BQDN.com only entered the Industry in May 2015. James has brokered over 250 3 letter .com (LLL.com) domains and several 2 letter .com domains (LL.com) along with several other premium names. James has achieved this all by himself doing every aspect and role as a domain broker. At age 26, James Booth grew his brokerage BQDN quickly to become a powerhouse of high value sales in 2016 and now 2017. James’ notoriety started with his immediate success in 2015 and has grown substantially in 2016 and 2017 with the attribution of a number of LL.com and LLL.com sales to his name throughout the year.Founder & CEO, BQDN
9. Nat Cohen: Nat Cohen, President of Telepathy Inc. which is located in Washington DC. Nat is a long-time domain investor, ICA board member, and member of ICANN’s business constituency. You can find his company by visiting www.telepathy.com.
10. Ryan McKegney: Ryan is the cofounder and CEO of DomainAgents. He and his team work with buyers and sellers across the domain industry negotiate and close millions of dollars in deals every year. Operating since 2012, DomainAgents has built a reputation as a trusted partner of buyers, sellers, registrars, and service providers.