— Josh Bourne (@joshbourne) December 9, 2013
Fairwinds and The Greater Washington DC Chapter of the Internet Society are hosting an event next week called “The Impact of gTLDs on the Internet,” and the event is open to the public. This free panel, moderated by David McAuley of Bloomberg BNA, will be held on Monday, December 16 at Busboys and Poets in Washington DC at noon.
Panelists who will be participating in the discussion include:
- Dr. Burt Kaliski – Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Verisign, Inc.
- Sarah Deutsch – Vice President and General Counsel, Verizon Communications
- Taylor Frank – Vice President, Strategy and Development, FairWinds Partners
- Jon Nevett, Co-Founder and Executive Vice President, Donuts, Inc
- Andrew Mack – Founder, AMGlobal Consulting
The panel will discuss the impact the new gTLDs will have on the Internet, as the event title suggests. It’s going to be an interesting discussion considering the differing interests each of the panelists have – legal, registry, and consulting.
I am not sure if there is a limit to the number of tickets available, but if you are in the DC area, you might want to sign up and attend the event.