With the long weekend for Memorial Day in the United States, and the TRAFFIC conference on its heels, you might see a lag in response time from domain investors and companies. If you are traveling this weekend or for the conference, I wish you safe travels.
Here are some updates and tips:
- Some of the deals from the charity auction have already closed, and most others are pending payment. If you’re a buyer or seller and have questions, contact me and I’ll get you an answer.
- People often ask me if I am buying names. I am always buying great names. Here are a few recent acquisitions from the past week or so: Runs.com, Ulster.com, VideoYearbook.com, and MethTreatment.com. There seem to be quite a few good deals to be had these days.
- There are 11 tickets remaining for the Boston domain investor meet up sponsored by Afternic and NameJet. We are meeting at 5pm at Game On, followed by the Red Sox game. You can get a ticket to the event by donating $30 to One Fund Boston and sending me the receipt for confirmation. NameJet and Afternic are picking up the tab for drinks and the game.
- When searching for domain names to acquire privately, I often come across non-functioning email addresses in Whois lookups. While this can be a bit frustrating, especially on domain names I really want to purchase, it’s certainly a good sign that nobody else has been able to contact the domain owner either. Don’t let non-functioning email addresses and phone numbers stop you from getting domain names.
- If you have spare time and want to read some interesting articles, check out the DN Journal archive some time. I recommend starting with the cover story archive.