Report: 143.com Sold for Undisclosed Sum

Manmeet Singh of JUA.in is reporting that his company brokered the sale of 143.com for an undisclosed sum of money:

After receiving an email from Manmeet and seeing the tweet above and a post on Facebook, I reached out to see if he could share any information about the sale or insight about the domain name. Here’s what he had to say about the deal that has already reportedly closed:

Media Options Sells EO.com

On Monday morning, Media Options sent out a newsletter to announce that EO.com was for sale at a reduced price of $599,000. According to a tweet from the company’s Twitter account this morning, EO.com is now pending  sale. As you can see in the tweet below, the company is very active in the two letter .com space, with “almost 30” LL.com domain names having been sold (or traded).

Media Options CEO Andrew Rosener would not say who has agreed to acquire the domain name, but he was willing to share some comments about the sale and the two letter.com market:

Media Options: EO.com for Sale

I received a newsletter from Media Options this morning with an interesting domain name for sale. Media Options listed EO.com for sale, and the domain name has a price tag of $599,000. The domain name was previously offered in the Media Options newsletter this past April for $750,000.

When I saw EO.com marketed for sale before, my initial thoughts went to errors and omission insurance, commonly referred to as E&O insurance. I don’t know how competitive that particular insurance market is, but I thought there would be an E&O insurance company interested in buying EO.com. There have been quite a few insurance domain names that have sold for large sums of money.

According to an article in

Ask for a Right of First Refusal

Seller’s remorse is fairly common in the domain industry. As an active seller, there have been plenty of times I regretted selling a domain name I would like to have kept for various reasons. I have an idea on how to combat seller’s remorse just a bit.

When you are in the process of selling a domain name, ask for a right of first refusal if the buyer ever decides to sell the domain name in the future. Most buyers will say no because this could hinder a future deal, but there may be a chance that you could negotiate this into a deal.

I’ll explain how this would work. Let’s say you sell

Why I Put a Time Limit on Domain Prices

I’ve been more vigilant lately about putting a time limit on my sales offers, and it doesn’t have anything to do with domain sales strategy. The reason I have been doing it is to prevent someone else from frontrunning my domain names.

Here’s a scenario for you to illustrate my concerns:

I offer to sell a person a domain name for $5,000. He agrees to the price, and we have a

Report: QUA.com Domain Name Acquired for $459,000

On May 1, George Kirikos reported that “Chinese firm Qunar $QUNR appears to have paid $459,000 for QUA.com domain in late 2014.” I believe George was basing this on the annual report filed to the SEC by Qunar. In that report, the company stated “The carrying amount of intangible assets is RMB2,849 (US$459), which relates to a domain name acquired in year 2014. No impairment to the domain name occurred for the year ended December 31, 2014.”

I had my doubts that Qua.com sold for $459,000 because I saw that the domain name had been