After looking through some of the comments and seeing several dislikes for my reason for not including more people, I decided to choose 9 participants for the hand registration contest. With my participation, that will mean there are 10 people in total participating in this contest.
I used Random.org to select the participants more fairly, and they are listed below. I will send each participant an email to let them know about their selection and advise them of the rules later on today.
The ten participants are:
- Rahul Chaudhary
- Kevin Davis
- Alan Shiflett
- Ammar Kubba
- Aaron Strong
- Konstantinos Zournas
- Gabe Quash
There is no prize for this contest, but it will probably provide some level of validation of the winner’s ability to choose and hand register good domain names. Once the registration period has ended, each participant will email me his list, and I will make sure the rules were followed. I will then post the 10 lists without the participants’ names, and you guys can vote for the best list.
Here are the rules:
- Only 10 names may be submitted
- All names must be newly hand registered between December 23, 2013 – December 29, 2013 (US / domain registry timezone – ie Whois creation date must be within that time period)
- No pending deletes permitted
- All names must be registered under privacy so people can’t see who registered each list
- Participants must pay for their own domain name purchases and privacy
- Participants can’t encourage people to vote for their list or mention which list is theirs
- Voting will take place with a PollDaddy poll shortly after I have verified the names
- If there’s some funkiness with the PollDaddy poll (ie someone “stuffing the box”) I may use an alternate voting tool.
- I reserve the right to make changes to the rules before the contest in the event someone brings up a good point about a flaw.
As I mentioned in the initial post, since I am participating, there is no tangible prize of value.