I want to share the content of an email I just received from Flippa announcing “an Exclusive One Day Masterclass.” The class promises to give students “access to never-before-seen data, tips and insights into how you can make more money from the web in 2015!” The class will be held at Flippa’s San Francisco office on Saturday, November 22, 2014 from 8:30 – 6:00pm.
Flippa currently has a limited time “early bird” offer price of $99 per ticket, and the EventBrite listing says there will only be 30 tickets sold at this price. The regular rate is listed at $499 for this class, which sounds a bit expensive to me.
According to the email, here are some of the topics that will be taught in this class:
- Insights, tips and tricks, and access to never-before-seen marketplace data from Flippa
- How to conduct thorough due diligence on any site
- Which sites you should be building, buying and selling
- How to make money from domains
- What we’ve learnt about adding value to any new acquisition
- If you’re a buyer, seller or just getting started – this event is for you!
As you can imagine, it appears like the class is heavy on Flippa learnings rather than a general class about domain name investing. There are more details about what is being offered in this class on the EventBrite ticketing page.
I don’t think this is something I would attend, but I could see it bringing value to someone who just started using Flippa or to someone who is thinking about using Flippa to buy or sell domain names. If you’re in the area and have the time, it might be worth the $99 cost to attend.