I thought I would share some updates and thoughts over the weekend after a GREAT New England Patriots win today! Big game against Denver next weekend.
I’m excited for the TRAFFIC conference later this week, and I have been touching base with some friends and colleagues the last few days to set up some time to chat. If you’re headed to Miami for TRAFFIC, safe travels to you.
Here are some updates and thoughts today:
- If you would like to be introduced to someone at the TRAFFIC conference, I am happy to try and do that for you. Obviously, I won’t “vouch” for someone I don’t know, but I realize it can be difficult to make a connection during a conference, and I’d be happy to help you get in touch with someone if you’d like the intro.
- If you are looking to sell a good domain name using a domain broker, you might want to get in touch with a broker shortly after a conference has concluded. Most of the best brokers attend the conferences, and their clients will probably have told them what they are looking to buy. Yes, that might mean the prospects are other domain investors, but there are plenty of people and companies that pay large sums of money for great domain names.
- Domain investors Phil Harris and Chad Wright launched gTLD.Link, a new domain name discussion forum that is exclusively focused on the new gTLD domain names. I am told the intention of the forum is to host discussion about the new gTLD domain names and to share information about them.
- I suck at fantasy football.
- If you plan to attend Namescon (or other events for that matter), you might want to sign up for special offers from the airlines and sites like Orbitz. Today, I received a 20% off offer for JetBlue Getaways, although the use date is prior to Namescon. I like booking my trips with JetBlue vacations because it’s generally well-priced and I don’t have to worry about multiple reservations.