Several months ago, I posted an article listing popular domain industry keyword Google rankings. I chose some of the most common domain name related searches (using the Google Adwords Keyword Tool) and entered them in Google to see what companies ranked #1 for those specific keywords.
I thought I would follow it up monthly to see how those Google rankings changed, but I didn’t get around to a follow up until now. Based on the lack of changes, it’s probably not a worthwhile exercise to post this monthly, but it’s still interesting to see changes at the top because a higher ranking will almost certainly bring additional traffic and/or business to the company with the top spot.
Here are some of the most popular domain industry related keyword searches and the website that ranks number one. In parenthesis, I included the company that previously ranked number one if it is different than the current result. I searched using a proxy site so previous search habits wouldn’t influence current results.
- Domain Name Search – InstantDomainSearch.com
- Domain Name – Wikipedia (Go Daddy)
- Domain Name Registration – Go Daddy
- Free Domain Name – FreeDomain.co.nr
- Buy Domain Name – Go Daddy
- Domain Name Generator – NameBoy (Name Station)
- Register Domain Name – Go Daddy
- What is a Domain Name – About.com
- Free Domain Name Registration – FreeDomain.co.nr (Register.com)
- Domain Name Lookup – Network Solutions
- Domain Name System – Wikipedia
I listed some additional Google rankings not using any keyword tool to determine popular searches.
- Domain Parking – Wikipedia
- Cheap Domain Names – HostingDude.com
- Domain Name Coupon – RetailMeNot.com
- Domain News – DomainNews.com
- Domain Blog – Google
- Domain Forum – DNForum
- Domain Investing – John Chow