I am always tweaking the emails I individually send to end users, and I want to share the latest iteration. Please keep in mind that I individually send these emails to hand selected recipients who I think would be good prospects for the acquisition. It’s similar to what I do when I want to buy a domain name.
There are a few things to note:
- I try to address the email to the person receiving it (no “Hi,” but “Hi John”).
- I include a link to my website so they can see who I am and that it’s not a scam.
- I add some urgency with the mention of the auction possibility.
- I don’t list the price so I can receive offers and open a dialog
- Subject is usually [DomainName – Opportunity] or along those lines.
Let me know what you think of the email and if you would change anything.
Update: For the sake of this post, I am discussing the marketing side of selling a domain name rather than the legal aspect of sending emails. I am not an attorney and can’t advise you on legal issues, like the CAN SPAM ACT in the US, or any other legal issue related to sending email in any jurisdiction.