The last few days have been hectic. We spent Thanksgiving in New York with my wife’s family and had a great time. We came home yesterday afternoon to get to a wedding in Boston last night. I think my liver needs a few days off, and I most definitely need to hit the gym ASAP.
Here are some updates and thoughts. I hope you enjoyed your holiday.
- Just a few hours remaining to enter for a chance to win a free Coffee.club 6 month subscription valued at over $300. There is no cost to enter and there is no further obligation after the subscription is up. The winner will receive four – 13 ounce bags of coffee each month for 6 months… nearly 20 lbs! I will be randomly selecting the winner later on this evening.
- As I mentioned yesterday, today would be a very good day to optimize your parked landing pages before cyber Monday. If all of your parked domain names are not optimized, you may be leaving money on the table.
- I have never gotten into shopping on Black Friday. I hate crowds, and I don’t understand why people would spend hours of their time to save a few dollars on various items, when many of those items can be bought for the same price online. I do whatever I can to avoid the malls as is, and when it comes to Black Friday, I stay as far away from stores as possible.
- If you see any special Cyber Monday deals that are of interest to domain investors, please share them. I would think there are going to be some good deals tomorrow from registrars and other companies, and it would be nice for you to share what you see so others can take advantage of the offers.
- I want to remind readers that I am not a domain consultant. If I am asked for my opinion about something, an appraisal, or for some advice, I will probably refer you to the list of domain consultants I shared a while ago. I do this for a couple of reasons. First, if I am not working on my blog or my business, I am enjoying my free time. I would rather suggest that people contact a domain consultant to give good advice rather than give them a quick answer without giving full consideration about something. Second, I don’t want to create any ill will (or get into an argument) by telling someone their domain names suck. Keeps my life more simple this way.
Sir Elliot,if you cannot handle that-please let me do the pleasure of telling them that their domains /websites suck!!
“I don’t want to create any ill will (or get into an argument) by telling someone their domain names suck. “
This could be the last year to shop online without paying taxes. Congress is giving the green light to the states to tax online shopping.