Wishing those of you who celebrate a happy Easter today. You should really stay away from the auction venues today while you celebrate the holiday 🙂
I wanted to share some domain industry updates, thoughts, and news. If you have anything to add or want to share your own news, you are welcome to do so in the comment section.
- Thank you to Theo Develegas for creating a great new logo and color scheme for Embrace.com, a marketplace I launched to help sell some of my company’s domain names. It’s a fairly simple concept but I love the icon and it really expresses the meaning of “embrace” in a subtle manner. I also like the color change, which I wasn’t expecting. Theo’s my main guy when I (infrequently) have design projects.
- Speaking of Embrace.com, here’s a list of domain names I am auctioning right now on NameJet.
- Verisign recently announced the release of the IDN .ã‚³ãƒ , the Japanese version of .com, and it is currently in a Priority Access period allowing anyone with an existing .com or .net to buy a matching one. Name.com added a search feature that will identify the .com and .net names that you have in your account and list their .ã‚³ãƒ counterparts. Read more about this in their blog post announcing this new feature.
- There’s a good read from someone named Dominic on NamePros. In the thread, he discusses his first year in the domain investment space and shares some thoughts on where he made some mistakes and what he did right. It’s nice to see someone sharing like this because there are plenty of people in the same boat. It’s also a good reminder for everyone to take stock in their businesses each year.
- A reader named Candace suggested that Uniregistry create a video tutorial to walk customers through the Uniregistry Market, and I think that is a great idea. I have been trying out the new Market to see what’s new and what’s changed, and a tutorial would go a long way in helping me make the most of it.
- .Club CEO Colin Campbell posed an interesting question on Twitter yesterday: “If .CLUB launched in 1985 would it be more popular than the not for profit .ORG?” The .Club registry has done a masterful job at promoting its registry, but I would say the answer is no. What do you think?
- If you want to learn about what domain names large companies are buying, Jamie Zoch and George Kirikos are two people you should follow on Twitter. Even if you don’t care about that, both of those guys are regularly uncovering sharing great domain name information.
- Privacy.com was popular on Hacker News this week. They offer a neat credit card solution, and it’s a fantastic domain name.
- April Fools’ Day is coming up at the end of the week. I am sure there will be jokes all around.