It’s Super Bowl Sunday, and although I am not nearly as excited as I would be if the Patriots were playing, I am looking forward to the game tonight. Whether the Broncos or Seahawks win, I hope the loser of big Super Bowl Bet between Enom and Name.com films the Chris or Jared visit in their office.
Here are some updates:
- I was saddened to hear the news of the death of Philip Seymour Hoffman. I thought he was an excellent actor, and it’s really sad to hear the news this afternoon.
- I had never heard of the Hestra brand before, but in shopping for some new ski gloves, I noticed that Hestra owns SkiGloves.com. Turns out that they are one of the leading glove companies, and I am about to buy a new pair. Two cold ski trips have told me that my old gloves aren’t going to cut it. Their exact match domain name will contribute to another glove sale. Now I just need to figure out whether to buy ski gloves or mittens.
- As reported by Ray Hackney at TheDomains, it appears that GoDaddy has tightened account security. I am glad to hear this, and I hope they send out some sort of customer update.
- It’s been a while since UShip received its funding, and Maersk still owns the YouShip.com domain name. I still think it would be a good idea to buy the name from Maersk since the YouShip.com domain name isn’t really being used other than a forwarder, and it seems to have good search volume.
- Booking.com continues to use its Booking.Yeah television commercials. The one thing I find interesting is that the top result in Google (where most people end up when typing Booking.Yeah in their browser bar) is the Adwords advertisement for Booking.com. I assume the cost per click is fairly low, but Booking.com is paying for everyone who navigates there by clicking on their ad. Sort of silly.
- If you haven’t read it yet, check out the DomainNameSale update from Frank Schilling. I am particularly eager to hear about Uniregistry’s domain registrar.
Don’t worry — whether Jared comes to Kirkland or Chris goes to Denver, there will be LOTS of video.
Hawks 45 Broncos 7
Hawks defense is killing broncos
I was almost correct!!!