I think I am going to take it easy the next couple of weeks. I injured my knee a few months ago (maybe tennis or cycling), and an MRI showed a bit of fluid in the back of my knee. It doesn’t bother me all that much, but it’s become sort of a nagging injury, and I started some physical therapy to build up the muscles around the knee. It’s an injury that I don’t feel all the time, but when I do feel it, it hurts quite a bit. It can be difficult to find time to exercise for many people who sit behind the computer all day, but it’s essential.
Here are some updates and thoughts I had over the past few days. You are welcome to share some of your thoughts or comments about what I shared.
- 2014 has been an up and down year for my business, and I’ll be happy when the calendar flips to 2015. 2013 was the biggest year I had, so it has been a bit disappointing that I didn’t see continued growth. I suppose that is the nature of a business like this one. I certainly won’t really complain about business, but I was hoping for a better year.
- Larry Fischer announced via Twitter that his company is brokering the Jets.com domain name. The New York football team should want to own this domain name, but they might not be able to compete on price. This name sold for $375,000 in the down market of 2009, and it is probably worth more today.
- Another high value domain name hit the market last week as well. Igloo.com announced it was brokering France.com in a December 16th press release. According to Igloo’s CEO, Tessa Holcomb, “France.com is not just a great domain name; it’s a global brand, making it a truly exceptional asset. It’s not often that a domain name of this caliber becomes available for sale and we’re looking forward to helping France.com reach its unique potential!“
- Speaking of broker press releases, last week I wrote an article with some advice about distributing press releases to sell domain names. I think you might benefit from reading it, even if you are self-brokering your domain names.
- Tip: The last couple of weeks of the year may be a good time to get a last minute deal done. Some companies want to generate additional revenue and others may be looking to offset profits with an acquisition. The biggest challenge is getting a deal done in the midst of holidays and vacations, which may make it difficult to get legal reviews and payments scheduled.
- Hope you find time to enjoy the holidays with friends and family. I tend to work quite a bit, but now is a good time to make memories, especially if you have young children or grandchildren.