What a crazy week it’s been around here. I am very thankful that the events in Boston seem to have ended relatively quickly. It’s been pretty surreal around here this past week. Hopefully, you’re having a good April.
Here are some weekly updates and a couple of tips for you:
- I am sure there are other tools for this, but my favorite tool to put two lists together to form domain names (for example a list of cities + Plumber.com) is the concatenate tool in Excel. Here’s how to use it. In column A, paste your first list (like city names). In column B, paste your keyword +.com, copy it and drag it down to the final row in Column A. In column C, enter =CONCATENATE(A1,B1), and then copy that cell and drag it down to the bottom of your list.
- Last week, I gave some tips on how to promote a doman auction. Instead of using a domain name focused auction venue, you might consider using an auction venue like eBay if you want end user buyers to bid. It’s simple to create an account on eBay, and most people have accounts there already. There’s also a trust factor with eBay, and even though most people explicitly trust NameJet, it doesn’t have the name recognition in the general public. Keep in mind that the auction rules are different (I don’t think 4 minutes are added at the end on every new bid).
- I don’t know about you, but I am hoping Jamie from DotWeekly figures things out and starts posting articles regularly. He always offered unique insight and he was quite good at finding information.
- We are headed to Fenway Park for the Red Sox game tonight and then again tomorrow night. If you are in the Boston area and go to Sox games (or Pats games), let me know. Perhaps we can grab a drink or a meal before the game. I am always happy to do some domain consulting in exchange for Pats tickets 🙂
- Pretty funny post on Shane’s blog yesterday. I’d be happy with #20. Still wondering what blog #32 is and could probably guess who the blogger with the crush was.
- As always, thanks to Domaining.com for making it easy to find and read domain investment related news and information. I sometimes take it for granted, but it’s one resource I check multiple times a day, and it’s appreciated.