Good afternoon and happy Saturday! Here are some updates for this fine weekend.
- I don’t own any .tv domain names, but if you do buy this type of domain name, you might want to check out Latonas.com. There is an auction of top .tv domain names right now, including England.tv, Breasts.tv, Government.tv, and more.
- Ever notice when you go out and tell people what you do, there will be someone who mentions how they had the chance to buy great generic domain names back in the day but for some reason didn’t?
- I was at a party last night and met an original domain investor. He was the original registrant of Today.com, Shop.com, Office.com, Information.com, and a bunch of other names that he sold several years ago. I was a bit leery of his story as a few other people have mentioned similar things to me in the past that turned out to be false, but when he mentioned that he still owns VO.com, Insurance.net, Hospital.net and Broker.net, the info matched up. He doesn’t consider himself a domain investor.
- You know it’s a late night when you get home well past midnight and you start receiving your typical morning email notices like drop lists, domain transfer status updates, and Asia-based emails before you go to bed.
- Some of my new domain acquisitions this month include GolfPros.com, HorseSupply.com, HorseStable.com, and NewYorkCityDogRuns.com (hand registered and developed).
- As I previously mentioned, I have been working with WhyPark to help increase the revenue on TropicalBirds.com. My biggest regret is that I didn’t do it sooner. The site went from making around $1-2/day with Adsense to a projection of over $160 in May (over $5/day). It’s only been up for a 2.5 months or so, but as the site continues to optimize, revenue has been increasing.