DNForum is the first place I really learned that there was a community of domain investors. In fact, the person who told me about DNF was a domain buyer who told me that when I sign up, I would probably stop selling domain names to him, and he was correct.
Because of the popularity of the last contest I held, I thought it would be fun to have a DNForum scavenger hunt on my blog, with the winner receiving a $100 credit from Name.com, courtesy of me.
The winner of this scavenger hunt will be the person who first correctly answers the 10 questions below, or who answers the most questions first (let’s say the best result is 9 answers, the first to do that will win). Since some comments get moderated, the timestamp will determine the timing of submissions, and I will ultimately make rulings on ties or other issues. The contest ends on Wednesday March 14 at 5pm EST.
All of the answers can be found on DNForum.
- What was Adam Dicker’s former username on DNForum?
- From whom did Adam Dicker buy DNForum (what is that person’s current username)?
- In what month and year did I join DNF?
- What popular (but controversial) “gossip” website’s domain name was once listed on DNF for $19.95?
- How much does it cost to buy a text link in the DNForum footer each month?
- What are the user names of 3 moderators on the forum?
- What DNForum user has the most DNF$?
- What US state .com domain name was offered for sale this month?
- Domain Name Wire does an annual industry survey. How many times in the last 6 years did DNForum win for most popular domain forum?
- What is the latest DNF sister website that was launched?
Eliot, this sounds a whole lot of fun! Although I do know answers to quite a few of these questions, I’ll refrain from posting because of my privileged relationship with DNF and le the others chime in.
Thanks for this. Stepping outside my current role, personally, I owe my financial freedom to DNF and NP and they taught me everything about money that I know today.
“I owe my financial freedom to DNF and NP and they taught me everything about money that I know today.”
Congrats, man. Never stop reading… there’s always something new to learn.
2) fearless (greg ricks)
3) February 2006
6) draggar, biggedon, johnn
9) 5 out of the last 6
10) depends what you mean by “sister site”; the latest affiliated site was launched just 3 days ago http://domainpromotionalcodes.com/ but dnforum launched DNFBlog.com about 3 weeks ago, and dnforum.co.uk in November 2011
here are some answers
2. He Bought DNForum.com from Greg Ricks in the spring of 2003. (id: Fearless)
3. Join Date was 02-04-2006
5. $500 per month for Dnforum Footer Text Link
6. Johnn, draggar, biggedon
7. Adam Dicker (DNF$ 8,428,254)
9. 5 out of 6 times dnf won as popular forum
1. DCG (dotcomgod)
2.Greg Ricks, gregr
5.$500 per month
6.Johnn and Draggar and Biggedon
7. Adam Dicker
I am still digging answer for number 4
Three submissions so far, although I am not going to post them until a couple others are received to prevent others from taking their answers and finding correct answers in the event any are incorrect.
1 – DotComGod
2 – Dan
3 – April 2, 2006
4 – ?? not sure yet
5 – $500
6 – Johnn, Draggar, Biggedon
7 – victornumber
8 – Hmm, co.com (for colorodo?)
9 – 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
10 – domainpromotionalcodes.com? In terms of forums, dnforum.co.uk
My answers below.
2) Name – Gregory Ricks/Greg Ricks, Username – Fearless
3) February 2006
6) Draggar, Biggedon, Johnn
7) Adam Dicker is the owner, so he has the most. I don’t know if he is in the DNF user category. If he isn’t then as on March 13, the DNF user is victornumber.
9) 5 times
10) Domainpromotionalcodes.com and before that DNFBlog.com. These were the recent websites.
Contest is over… Thank you for participating!!
Winner is Steven who was the first person to get 9 correct. Here are the answers:
3. February 2006
6. Draggar, Biggedon, Johnn