Lowell Project: Technical Setback

0

I ran into a technical problem with the Lowell.com website hat has caused a minor setback and will hopefully cause just a short delay. Throughout the development and review process, I have always viewed the site on my Macbook using Firefox, Safari, and the most updated Internet Explorer browser. The few people that have also reviewed the site have used similar browsers and computers as well. Unfortunately, after asking a friend to review the site, we determined it not only looked distorted using Internet Explorer 6, but it was unusable. Additionally, the site looked distorted at 800 pixels.
My developer is working on a fix for this as we speak, but it is causing a delay at the moment. While this is something that I will catch well in advance the next time, it wasn’t something I spent much time considering. We all make assumption when doing things, but you know what they say about people who assume things!
You can read more about this minor setback as well as the progress of the Lowell.com website on the Lowell.com blog. I am still hoping to launch it in a couple of weeks. Please keep in mind that the site is being built offline, so the current Lowell.com website looks nothing like how the new website will look.

1 COMMENT

  1. To help address this, add something like the following somewhere on your homepages:
    This site best viewed in (Firefox); where “Firefox” is a link to the most current download.
    Not a complete cure to be sure; but it helps.

Leave a Reply