I believe I explained how I came to have an account executive at Go Daddy, but if not, I’ll give the brief backstory. Back around 2004 – 2005, I was hand registering a lot of domain names spending thousands of dollars at GoDaddy. As a courtesy, the company assigned me an account executive so I could register names more quickly and easily. I gave them quite a bit of business, and instead of having to deal with different call center reps when I had issues, I was given one point of contact.
Throughout the years, my business with Go Daddy has had its ebbs and flows. Some years I register many names with them, and sometimes I don’t. Brad Larson had managed my account for several years, and he is a (if not the) primary reason I’ve stayed with Go Daddy. I’ve since been assigned a new account manager after Brad left, and I’ve been happy.
Over a year ago, I ran into repeated hosting issues with my blog. I decided that I would switch my hosting to Go Daddy. I had come to appreciate the great customer service I received over the years, and I knew that if there were hosting issues, they would most likely be addressed quickly because of the nature of my blog and because of the business I’ve done with the company.
Whenever I look back at this decision, I think of it as one of the best decisions I’ve made with respect to my blog.
On occasion, there will be an issue with my blog. More often than not, it’s something to do with a plugin or a change that I made that impacts the status of my blog. When this occurs, I email my account management team (Deron and Alan) to let them know I am having an issue. Without fail, the account management team and technical support team work hand in hand to figure out the issue and get it resolved, even if hosting isn’t to blame.
This morning, I received an email from a friend to let me know that my feed wasn’t updating. I visited Feedburner, and I was informed that my feed was larger than the allowable amount. I tried a variety of troubleshooting suggestions without any luck.
At that point, I reached out to Deron and Alan for help. I knew it most likely wasn’t a hosting issue, but I also knew that the Go Daddy team is exceptional and could probably figure it out. After exchanging a few emails, Alan told me the team noticed an issue with the htaccess file and thought that it was possibly causing the trouble. When they updated the file (moving something to a new line), I re-synched Feedburner, and the feed was updated instantly. After trying various things on my own for a few hours with no luck, GoDaddy was able to fix it in minutes.
Whether it’s because of my blog’s nature or the fact that I have been a longtime customer of Go Daddy, I feel like I receive exceptional customer service from the company. While these fixes may not seem complicated, they save me money because I don’t have to hire a developer to troubleshoot them. I probably would have to pay more for these fixes and troubleshooting than the hosting costs me in a year.
I am very happy with my hosting at Go Daddy, so much so, that I’ve moved a couple of other websites to Go Daddy hosting.