Francois Carrillo, owner of Domaining.com, just announced the sales total for the domain sale to benefit domain bloggers. In total, the sale grossed $20,789, with 9 domain names sold (10 domain names were actually sold but one person didn’t pay).
The sales consummated through this joint effort between domain bloggers and domain forums were:
- GoldBangles.com … $7,000
- Winy.com … $3,900
- PartyAccessories.com … $3,000
- MarketingService.com … $3,000
- DesignerPens.com … $899
- Mung.com … $1,600
- Anibal.com … $750
- CreditCardFaqs.com … $390
- ImpressFriends.com … $250
24 domain blogs participated in promoting the sale, and with 4 blogs opting to not participate in the payout, the 20 remaining bloggers will receive $102 each, which is the 10% sales commission from ECOP.com. Forums that participated include DNForum, DomainState, and AcornDomains.
I think it was a neat idea, and I am sure the recipients will appreciate the shared sales commission for their efforts.
I like this for two reasons:
1. Francois gets to show his appreciation to the Bloggers for a change. It’s a beginning of the type of working together needed in this field, show a little respect, instead of constantly bullying these hard working people.
2. It is very transparent. So, I congratulate Domaining.com and the participating Bloggers.
I hope to see more of this sort of spirit blossom.
I agree…. it was a nice thing for him to do. I declined my share, and Chef Patrick said he would donate his share to Ronald McDonald House, which is greatly appreciated by them and by me.
Pfffft, we got our check 3 weeks ago: http://domaingang.com/domain-news/domaingang-gets-first-bank-of-france-check/