When I started the DomainQuestions.com website, I knew that it would be highly likely that I would need to answer most of the questions. I enjoy helping others, so that’s totally fine, and I do appreciate it when people are able to provide their own answers and insight since many of the answers are more of a matter of opinion than fact.
I’d rather answer questions on a site like DQ than via email since many questions I get are repetitive and I can just refer to my previously answered questions when asked again.
That being said, there are some questions I just can’t answer. If you have a moment and want to give someone some assistance, please see the list of unanswered questions below. When someone posts a question, any responses are automatically emailed to them, so even if the question is old, the person will receive the answer… Thanks for helping!
- What are the differences in earnings from Adsense between CreditCards.com and CreditCards.mobi / cc / ws / im etc ?
- Does a keyword have more value as a domain name with a high Google Search Network total or a high Global/Local monthly search total, or does it not matter?
- I have a number of domains names ending with 365. I know the Chinese like these. Are there any Chinese websites or forums where I can list these 365 domains?
I’m out of town again, so comment approval may be delayed here.
Ill tackle the last one, Ive had sucess with geo service sites maintaining solid rankings with only a few pages of content and links, but microsite optimization will evolve with google algo changes and probably u need to be adding content quarterly to almost any site.
Is TRAFFIC worth attending?
Used to be. Now it’s like the rest, 98% service providers, 2% domainers.
Nah… but please answer questions at DomainQuestions.com so the people who asked will know that you answered.
Answered a question about Link Assistant, perhaps a bit simple but exactly what it does for me.
For the Chinese, why not http://www.4.cn? It’s an auction house more than a forum.
I’ll take question one…
SmartName’s “Instant Shops” offer domain owners several advantages:
1) Something from Nothing – They take low traffic product domains that make nothing and generate revenue. This is achieved because search engines often index the domain from the domain’s search term so the names get more organic traffic
2) SEO-friendly – unlike parked pages, many SmartName shops get indexed (and some even ranked by Google) – this is because they’re not seen as traditional parked pages, but rather complete sites with dynamic content and products – all built on a solid SEO foundation
3) Increased Resale Value – domains parked on SmartName Shops can sell higher than if they were standard parked pages. End-users can literally see the value
4) Ease of Use – SmartName Shops are one of the easiest solutions on the market. No development experience necessary
5) Up and Running in Minutes — SmartName Shops can be created in less than two minutes
6) FREE – “Instant Shops” are free for SmartName partners.
7) Generating Sales Inquiries – “Instant Shops” include a “for sale” link, just like SmartName’s enhanced parked pages, so sales inquiries are directed to Afternic’s dedicated sales team
There can be some confusion around SmartName shops in regards to revenue expectations. They were never intended to compete with traditional PPC, but rather compliment it. If there are domains in a portfolio that perform well on traditional parked pages, great, leave them there. SmartName Shops were designed for long-tail domain names – these are domains that get very little traffic, but have decent keywords. In any given portfolio, only 10% of the domains actually generate any income. SmartName Shops helps increase this and allows portfolio owners a simple solution to earn additional revenue, as well as increase the value of their domains.
Final bit of confusion – SmartName Shops are a scalable, turn-key solution. They should not be compared to developed websites.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for answering the question… can you answer it on DomainQuestions.com where it was posted, so the person will get a ping back when he sees your reply?
Have a great weekend.