The holiday season is here. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving if you’re in the US and a nice weekend if you live elsewhere. If you are in the US and are heading home today after the long holiday weekend, I hope you have safe travels.
Here are some updates. As always, your thoughts and comments will be appreciated:
- If you had some corporate end user offers in the last year that didn’t lead to a deal, now might be a good time to reach out again and try to work out a deal before the end of the year.
- If you were trying to buy a domain name from someone and couldn’t come to terms on a price, now might be a good time to reach back out. People spend a lot of money during the holiday season, and someone might be more inclined to sell a domain name to make extra cash now before Christmas.
- If you haven’t booked your flight to Las Vegas for NamesCon in January or TRAFFIC in June, tomorrow might be a great time to do it. Sign up in advance for the newsletter of airlines that fly to Vegas, and perhaps you’ll see a special Cyber Monday airfare offer. If you don’t, check their websites throughout the day on Monday to see if any special deals come up.
- The new Adsense interface is excellent. I like that it now shows me how my sites are performing compared to the same day the prior week and the last month.
- Looks like DomainInvesting.com is now #1 when it comes to searches for the “domain investing” keyword search on Google. Ordinarily, that would be nice but nothing spectacular, but since this site is outranking an article about the death of the domain investment business, I am happy.
- I am very excited about a new domain name acquisition my company made over the weekend: Observations.com. I’ve wanted this one for a while and am excited about buying it. I also bought ExecutiveCoaches.com at auction.
- I had the quickest inquiry for a domain name last week. I bought GoldClaims.com at auction, took possession of it and changed the DNS at 11am the next day, and I had an inquiry at 3:30pm. I didn’t receive an offer that was compelling enough to sell it, but it’s always nice to receive interest on a domain name so quickly.