I bet that there are plenty of people who read my blog that are very excited for today’s World Cup Final featuring the Netherlands and Spain. Since I am a betting person, I will put it out there that I think Holland is going to win the game. Without a doubt, this is going to be a fun game to watch.
On to a few updates:
- The New York City DomainFest auction list was released this past week, and there are some fantastic names up for sale. Of course the prices are very high for the best names, but I am sure Oversee and Moniker reps are working on connecting with potential bidders. Some of the better names are Artists.com, Rate.com, Quotes.com, Stocks.com, StockQuotes.com, Cable.com, Reggae.com, and Patents.com. Full list can be seen here.
- I decided that I am going to the DomainFest conference. If anyone would like to meet up, let me know. We may be organizing a pre-conference event, and I will keep you posted.
- I received an email from Register.com announcing a Verisign contest with the winner getting $10,000. According to the email, “simply submit a 2-minute video or short essay (300 words or less) telling us how .com has affected your life. If your entry is one of the winning stories, you’ll win one of 10 iPads, $2,500, $5,000, or $10,000. The deadline is August 31, 2010—don’t wait to tell your story!” To enter and for more details, visit HowDoYou.com.
- There’s a new pet store in my neighborhood called Unleashed, which is a PetCo company. I spoke with the GM yesterday, and she offered me a table out front next Saturday to hand out DogWalker.com magnets (at no cost). For those of you developing websites, these are opportunities that you should look for – low/no cost promotional activities. All you need to do is ask.
- Some sad news to report… According to an article a couple of days ago in UK’s Daily Mail, a 30 year old nanny died from sexual arousal while watching pornography. Wonder if she got her “toy” on Vibrator.com or SexToys.com.
- Big thanks to Arbel Arif for his Lebron James contest. I won a 2003 Topps Lebron James graded 10 rookie card for correctly guessing he’d sign with Miami.
That why I love soccer/tennis- anybody can beat anybody on a given day.
I’m with you – despite the odds, Holland will win.
Hup Holland Hup!!
I never BS
I told you so….
As I said, both teams are good, it is just a matter of luck and at the right place/time.
As a SCUBA diver I can tell you to never disagree with an octopus.
LOL… lesson learned 🙂
Good thing there’s no sportsbook in NYC.
Congrats Elliot on winning my contest and Thanks for mention that on your blog…
Well after 116 minutes one of these teams scored. Very tight play but still very good chances to be had… felt like I was watching the NJ Devils win a cup.
Wade? Bosh? LeBron?
Ah shoot! It don’t matter none.
Miami won’t even get past Boston next year … an’ even if’n they did, the Lakers would still send ’em back to Florida with nothing more in their hands than California beach sand.
@Elliot – I hope you didn’t loose much money if you put any money on Holland.
Blackjack is my only gambling 🙂
Spain won 🙂
I was at the game and it was well deserved. I must say though, the Dutch following was far greater (and more vocal) than the Spanish!
“a 30 year old nanny died from sexual arousal while watching pornography. ”
Who said men die before women?
Maybe, she had an oral fication and choked?
Are u on the panel with me?