I’ve been trying to coordinate my trip to Las Vegas for NamesCon, as I am trying to balance a party at Mohegan Sun that Saturday and the NFL playoff games scheduled for the weekend. While doing this, I spent some time on the NamesCon website to see when I need to arrive (looks like Sunday afternoon), and I saw the following note:
“Speaker and Panelist submissions are currently being accepted for the 2015 NamesCon. Have a great idea? Have a cool, transformational product or service the world needs to hear about?”
I don’t really attend many panels or listen to the keynote speakers unless they are notable. I guess there is no better way to schedule “notable” panels and keynotes than to ask attendees what they would find interesting.
With that in mind, I thought I would open the floor and do a bit of crowdsourcing to see what you would be interested in hearing or learning about at NamesCon. I thought I would share a few of my ideas with you, and I hope you are interested in sharing your ideas as well. If you want to share your ideas with conference organizers in private, there is an email address on the website for idea submissions.
NamesCon Keynote speaker ideas and suggestions:
- Fadi ChehadÃ©, CEO of ICANN (followed by a Question and Answer session)
- James Altucher (entrepreneur and writer)
- Seth Godin (marketer and author)
- Juan Diego Calle, founder of STRAAT Investments and the .CO Registry (discuss growth of the company and why the .CO Registry was sold)
- Kim Kardashian (joking)
NamesCon panel ideas and suggestions:
- SEO expert panel to discuss how Google is treating websites using the new gTLD domain names and what the expectations are for the future
- Panel with WIPO and ADR UDRP panelists
- Panel with award winning new GTLD marketing executives like TLD Registry’s Simon Cousins and .Club’s Jeff Sass to discuss how they are promoting the new TLDs and their brands.
I invite you to share some of your ideas for keynote speakers and/or panels.