This morning, on the occasion of the .CO Registry’s second anniversary, Sedo has published a market report examining the performance of .CO domain names on its platform. I think some of Sedo’s findings are interesting, and I’ve highlighted some of them below.
- The total value of .co sales at Sedo since July 2010 is $1.64 million
- Since its introduction, .CO has held a strong average sales price above $1,800, and is currently second to .com in mean average sales prices
- Computers was the top category for .CO domain sales
- .CO was the 9th most frequently sold TLD at Sedo in 2011
- The top .CO sale at Sedo to date was e.CO at $81,000
It was also reported that “Sedo recently entered into an exclusive contract with .CO Internet to provide private brokerage services for a selection of previously unreleased .co domain names.” It would be interesting to know what Sedo’s brokers are hearing when they present .CO domain names to end user buyers and how (or if) reactions change over time.
You can read the full market reporton Sedo’s website.