I read a Twitter post earlier today with a link to a job posting for Moniker. The company is seeking to hire a Account Executive / Domain Name Specialist in the Pompano Beach, Florida office. I don’t think this is the same position Patrick Ruddell left, as he was a domain broker.
The company lists a number of responsibilities for this position, which include:
- Initiate, develop and cultivate accounts to sell domain names and related services via phone, Internet based communication and face to face meetings
- Attend client meetings and industry trade shows
- Manage ongoing relationships with clients including regular communication, analysis of data relating to their account, monitor success of their sales campaigns and advise clients on how to increase sales through existing and new efforts
- Work with marketing and other entities to generate sales with decision makers. Must be aggressive and willing to make cold calls into accounts.
- Utilize social networking and all forms of electronic communications (IM, text, etc) to maintain existing and develop new relationships
- Identify domain sales opportunities that best meet client needs, create written sales presentations and present to clients as well as potential buyers
- Research, negotiate and secure sellers for monthly/themed domain name auctions and obtain prospective buyers. Facilitate and broker deals between parties.
- Report pipeline and forecast using Salesforce.com
No domain industry experience is needed to apply for this position. A college degree is required, or some sort of equivalent experience is necessary.
If you happen to be looking for a job in the domain industry, this position is available. Information about applying for the position is available on the job posting page.