Afternic is running its first auction in conjunction with Snapnames / Moniker, and it closes on Thursday, June 21. There are some pretty solid domain names at fair reserves up for auction, and I’ve highlighted my top picks for the auction with reserve prices considered. Unlike most auctions, there aren’t really any names for sale at crazy prices.
It will be interesting to watch the close of the auction since Afternic has considerable end user contacts, and I am sure they’ve reached out to potential buyers, including people who previously inquired about domain names that are up for sale.
I am surprised more portfolio owners don’t use auctions like this as a means to close deals. Auctions can create liquidity and bring new buyers into the fold along with others who have expressed an interest in particular domain names in the past.
Here are my top choices in the auction with current bid or reserve range:
- Hipsters.com – $8,250 (reserve met)
- Hikers.com – $11,000 (reserve not met)
- TechInvestment.com – $501 – $1,000
- SportsCamps.com – $5,001 – $10,000
- Geographers.com – $2,501 – $5,000
- Dairies.com – $5,001 – $10,000
- Throat.com – $5,500 (reserve not met