I’m hiring! Director of Marketing at DomainTools – Greater Seattle Area
— DomainTools (@DomainTools) August 13, 2012
In a tweet posted this afternoon, DomainTools announced that the company is seeking to hire a new Director of Marketing. The in-house position will be based out of the company’s Seattle, Washington office.
From what I understand, the roll previously fell under Susan Prosser’s job description, but Susan is now more focused on Industry & Partner Relations as Vice President of the company.
Here are the desired skills and experience for the qualified applicant:
- Provide leadership, training, and management for a superior Marketing organization.
- Drive market research and competitive intelligence.
- Work with Product Management to define and execute go-to-market strategies.
- Enforce brand consistency across our websites, marketing collateral, PR, etc.
- Manage by data and metrics; lean towards the science of marketing as much as the art.
- Test new channels for membership acquisition such as affiliate, SEM and display.
- Love to come to work every day, and make sure your team feels the same way.
The full job description is posted on the company’s LinkedIn page, and if you are interested in applying for the position, you can do so directly on the LinkedIn page. You can also learn more about DomainTools and its parent company on the Thought Convergence website.
The problem of all these marketing directors of the domain industry is they don’t have significant budget to advertise!
To Francois’ point I would say that Marketing is a lot more than just advertising, and budget needs to cut across other outlets (affiliate, email, SEO, social media, conferences, sponsorships, etc). The other point is that the challenge of domain industry marketers is more about how to promote their products and services outside of the domain industry, not within it.
Iam in Africa iam very much happy to know about your Advert. (MARKETING DIRETOR)