I saw this tweet from Recky and could immediately relate to the feeling:
When you find a domain name you want and it doesn’t cost your house, car, and first born to get 😂 pic.twitter.com/C7OrIxyo0A
— Recky (@reck1568) April 17, 2021
I think the tweet perfectly encapsulates the feeling I get when scoring a better deal than I expected on a domain name purchase. There are other times when I get the ‘sinking a birdie’ feeling from something related to domain names. Here are five of them:
- When I receive a payment received email from DAN.com
- When I receive an email from Transaction Assurance congratulating me for selling a domain name via Afternic.
- After receiving the payment secured email from Escrow.com.
- When another bidder drops out of a domain auction and time expires.
- When a prospective buyer or seller comes back from the dead to rekindle a negotiation.