I’ve been scouring Google for this, but have yet to come up with exactly what I need for Lowell.com, Burbank.com and Newburyport.com. I figure I will put out this request and hopefully hear from someone who knows of a calendar or who can build something for me inexpensively. I would prefer something “out of the box” though.
1) Small calendar box, just as currently on the home page of the site.
2) When you click on the month or date, you are taken to a page on the site with search friendly (and unique) URLs, such as http://www.burbank.com/calendar/2009/june or http://www.burbank.com/calendar/2009/may/30
3) All events for the day or month (whichever is clicked) will be listed on the page. So if you click on a specific day, you will arrive at a page with the individual daily events listed, with hyperlinks to take you to individual event listings.
4) Event listings will be indexed with search friendly urls, such as http://www.burbank.com/calendar/2009/summer-water-festival.php . Meta description and keyword will be search friendly and stay indexed so people can find the event listing even if it already happened.
5) Web based calendar management system – not necessary for people to create their own log-ins unless that’s automatic, easy, or cheap to do.
Please post comments, suggestions, or price quote and I will be in touch.