This weekend was one of the best weekends I had in a long time. We had a big party on Sunday to celebrate Hailey’s 2nd birthday. Nothing makes me happier than seeing her with a big smile on her face. I realize how fortunate we are to have a happy and healthy child.
I want to share a few updates to start your week. I realize some of these updates may have already been posted elsewhere, but I haven’t spent much time on business this weekend.
- .CLUB landrush starts tomorrow. Aside from the fact that the .CLUB Registry is a sponsor of this blog, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this registry land among the top in terms of domain names sold. According to a press release I received this morning, MaryKay cosmetics purchased Makeup.club and Beauty.club. In addition, English.club was sold for $17,500. The Registry also announced that major brands secured names such as Audi.club, Chanel.club, NewYorkYankees.club, Harley.club, Lego.club, and Diners.club.
- Earlier this month, Richard Lau announced that NamesCon would be held again in Las Vegas from January 11-14, 2015. The organizers have a special $199 discount offer for people who buy their conferences tickets before tomorrow. Because there is more lead time before next year’s conference, organizers are expecting 800-1,000 people to attend. If that comes to fruition, it would be the largest domain investing conference to date.
- PPC revenue isn’t much of a revenue stream for me, but it’s a bit annoying that DomainNameSales.com PPC payouts via Paypal have a fee taken out of them. The most annoying part is having to log in to my account and click on the payment to record the transaction in my accounting record.
- Edwin Hayward added many other testimonials from exact match keyword domain name owners, and the growing list now stands at 87.
- It’s opening day for the Red Sox today, and I am working on a Summer meet up at Fenway Park. I am leaning towards June right now, but I will keep you posted.
- Special thanks to Ray Hackney for Hailey’s domain name birthday gift. 🙂