Someone asked me about my favorite domain name that I own. That would be pretty easy: Embrace.com. I don’t know why it is my favorite, but it is. Even though the domain name is developed, I receive offers quite a bit. I think my top 3 favorite names right now (aside from the value) is: Embrace.com, Travels.com, and Exclaim.com.
Some tips, thoughts, and updates are shared below. I welcome your comments and updates as well.
- What is the favorite domain name you own?
- With Sedo’s presence at SXSW, it might be a good idea to keep your eye on the marketplace during the next few weeks. I would imagine the company will see an increase in listings and sales, and maybe someone will list something good. I found Exclaim.com on Sedo a few months ago and bought it immediately.
- I read reports about the DN.com escrow service temporarily going dark. I have never used the company’s services before, but I hope it is a temporary issue. I echo what others have said and think that any business that needs to shut its website down should have some sort of “maintenance” message to allay user concerns.
- I am trying to make it to the DNSeattle event in May. Will you be there?
- It’s always important to keep your guard up when you receive emails that seem to be from your registrar. There are quite a few registrar phishing emails that are sent to registrants who use different registrars. Some look pretty legit and even use domain names that look similar to the registrar’s website. This is one big way domain names are stolen.
- Alan Dunn wrote an article on TechCrunch about brands using new gTLD domain names with a focus on url shorteners. I wonder how much DI.xyz or DI.co would cost for a url shortener 🙂
- I am not a regular bidder on DropCatch.com, but I have added it to my daily list of websites I visit. There is occasionally something that I like in auction, and the platform is easy to use. Even though I don’t bid much, I feel like it’s worthwhile to continue visiting in case I see something I like at a good price.