People invest in domain names for two primary reasons – monetization and sales. There are many ways to monetize a domain name, but for the purpose of this domain investing guide article, I will share ten tips to help you sell a domain name. Selling a domain name is not easy, but the tips below may help you find a domain name buyer or make it easier for a prospective buyer contact you to inquire about buying a domain name.
Whether you own just a few domain names or an entire portfolio of domain names, you can benefit from some of this domain name sales advice.
Here are 10 tips to help you sell domain names:
- Have a “for sale” notice on the domain name landing page so visitors know the domain name is for sale.
- Publish a press release targeting people and companies in the specific industry associated with the domain name to announce the domain name is for sale.
- Hire a domain name broker to help facilitate the sale of the domain name.
- Contact prospective buyers via email and/or phone.
- Reach out to Linkedin or Twitter contacts who might have an interest in the domain name.
- List domain names for sale on a variety of aftermarket platforms such as Sedo and Afternic.
- Make your Whois contact information easy to find – Whether you use a platform or your own custom landing page, make it easy for a prospective buyer to get in touch with you.
- Respond promptly to inquiries that are made to buy the domain name.
- List domain names for sale at live auction events and other domain name auctions such as NameJet, Flippa, or Sedo.
- Advertise the domain name for sale in trade publications and industry specific websites.
There may be other ways for you to sell a domain name, but I think these will be the most effective tips. If you have other questions about domain names or investing in domain names, you can refer to the free Domain Investing guide that has articles about a variety of domain name investing topics.
If you have a great domain name for sale, you can learn how you can sell a domain name.