While the virtual ICANN70 meeting started yesterday, a more business-focused virtual event begins today. CloudFest, the sister event to the domain name-focused NamesCon, begins today and runs through March 25th. Domain names are not the focus of CloudFest, but there are quite a few domain name related panels and keynotes coming up over the course of the next three days.
The domain name related content on the agenda at CloudFest includes:
- Understanding Cloud Growth Using Domain Names
- How to Use GoDaddy Pro as a Lucrative Business Model in Uncertain Times
- Evolving Role of Domain Names in Online Presence
- The Rise of Domains Through the Pandemic and Beyond
- Connecting to the CentralNic Reseller Division via API
One thing of note is that most of the speakers aren’t domain investors who typically speak at domain industry conferences. The panel topics may not be geared towards investors, but I would imagine some of the content could be interesting. Most of the CloudFest content is related to web hosting.
There is no cost to attend CloudFest, but registration is required.